In 1990 the company’s founder wore her aerobic exercise pants out on a ride with her horse. Noting the comfort and fit, she began working with a seamstress to revolutionize riding breeches. After successful tests with hunter and dressage trainers on all types of horses, these equitights became the newest success in the world of equestrian. This original design would come to be dubbed as the “Miracle Pant” for its slimming effect and remarkable quality and, to this day, remains the line’s best selling style.
In 2004 the senior assistant designer was presented with an opportunity to buy the company. Upon taking the reigns, she streamlined processes, expanded the line and sought to broaden the reach of the product beyond the equestrian realm. Though our ownership and staff believe the independence of our label and traditional approach to marketing, including word-of-mouth, enhances the exclusivity and quality of our product, we also recognize the demand of our buyers and loyal customers to maintain an online presence.
We look forward to many more years serving those loyal to our product and continuing to impress new customers with the styles that have endured as well as the artistry of our emerging lines. View our current lines here.
Our Five Guiding Values
(1) We incorporate art and function in every design.
(2) We insist on nothing less than quality craftsmanship.
(3) Our products are always made in the USA and, whenever possible, we source our fabrics from American companies.
(4) We distribute our product through small business retailers and independent boutiques.
(5) We believe that sustainable and strategic growth preserves the integrity of our product.